All volunteers stay in a private home managed by our Volunteer Coordinator in the small town of Shakaskraal, just 9.5km away from our sanctuary and 9km from the seaside town and fabulous beaches of Ballito on the Indian Ocean.
The house can accommodate a maximum of 10 volunteers. There are two en-suite twin bedrooms, one huge en-suite quadruple room and a further twin room with a large shower room just few paces away. Twin rooms can be converted to double rooms for couples who are volunteering together.
The volunteer accommodation package includes:
- Accommodation in a twin or quad room;
- 3 meals per day (self-service cold breakfast and (packed) lunch with a full evening meal served in the dining room). We can cater for different dietary needs, please just be sure to state these on your application form.
- Uncapped Wifi;
- Use of the TV room with full satellite TV package and DVD player;
- Use of the book swap and DVD library, playing cards and board games;
- Use of the well-stocked bar, where we operate an honesty bar system;
- Transport to and from the sanctuary on your work days;
- Airport transfers at the start and end of your placement;
- Occasional trips to Ballito and surrounds;
- Support of an on-site Volunteer Coordinator who will answer your questions, give you ideas on what you can do in the local area, help you to arrange transport etc.
For more information or to check availability for your preferred dates and current prices, please email our Volunteer Coordinator.
Or simply download and complete the Application Form below and email it to our Volunteer Coordinator, along with your current CV.